Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spring has Sprung

After the countless posts of hate mail, we have entered back into the light and are blogging once again. Sorry for the stagnant blog. We just had TONS of things going on. One of them in particular... our garden. Don't be fooled. These pictures were not scanned from a "Better Home's and Garden" magazine. They are of the Brewer square foot garden (new and improved).

Brewer Garden
Pepper Box
(These pictures were taken three weeks ago. You should see it now!)

We added a full automated drip system (Not sure if this was driven by innovation or laziness). Each box now has custom drip heads that give each and every plant just the right amount of water. This is not only much less maintenance, but also conserves water by applying it right to the base of the plants and not giving it a chance to evaporate on the surface.

Laura planted all our crops this year. We are growing: three types of tomatoes, onions, numerous different types of peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, white pumpkins, raspberries, strawberries, and almost every herb you can think of.

I may quit my day job and start a garden consulting business with my brother Goose, and brother-in-law, Joe (I haven't pitched the idea to them yet). We have all jumped onto the garden train the last year or two.

10 comments:

  1. YEAH HOOO!! Your back!
    Love the garden. It really makes me want to get mine planted... late, I know.
    Good job! It really does look like Better Homes and Gardens!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You posted! That is a beautiful garden! You will have to invite us down so we can see the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me??? Seriously, that garden is amazing. I was considering posting pictures of my proud garden. Yeah, not any more. You guys did it right. Of course you did. "Beau and all the best and newest ways of doing anything." Are we surprised. Laura good job mothering your new little plants. The harvesting is going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau, whats up dude. Somehow all the web sense stuff was turned off today and I am taking advantage to see what is going on with all my favority people. It looks like you are outdone yourself, yet again, and created an amazing garden. I love it. I cant wait to get back to civilization and try something like this out for myself. Sarah and I are burning up here in the desert. I am just about at 3 months and Sarah is just a little less than 3 months ahead of me. So about this time next year we will be done with this tour.

    We think about you guys all the time and miss all of the brewers tremendously. Please let everyone know I say hello. Take care and good eating.

    Jeff and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, saw you on GTU today. Great job. I will start spreading the word about Photatobug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys, since this is my only outlet to e mail you...
    Thanks again for you help on the reunion. The passes were a hit! You are fab! Also, I posted a photatobug on my blog and I love it. I will put one on our DHS page soon too! It was easy, and so great to post! My style... simple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your garden looks amazing! I could learn a thing or two from you! I want to invite you to my blog. Send me your email at camillegwalker@gmail.com! Glad you are doing so well!
    Camille (Gourley) Walker

    ReplyDelete
  8. no freakin' way, seriously, it is still spring? ! j/k
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring srpung a long time ago! It's almost fall!! Please come back to us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo, little Brewer is on the way hu? We ar so excited for you guys! What is the ETA?

    ReplyDelete